Many patients are scheduled for procedures performed with a local anesthetic, and, if this is true for you, no additional preparations are necessary before your surgery unless you have been otherwise instructed.
If you are a patient scheduled for a procedure performed with sedation, please read the following instructions:
- Wear comfortable clothes, preferably a short sleeve shirt.
- Bring a list of your medications.
- Complete and bring your Patient Information Forms.
- Bring both your dental and medical insurance cards.
- Nothing to eat or drink (including chewing gum and mints) past midnight the night prior to your appointment. If you take daily medications in the morning, please contact our office for additional instructions.
- DO NOT smoke or use chewing tobacco the day of your procedure.
- A responsible adult must accompany you, take you home, and stay with you for at least 6 hours after surgery. (You cannot drive a vehicle or operate machinery for 24 hours; you cannot walk, take a bus, or take a taxi home by yourself.)